Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Confessions

It's time to come clean.  I have not been a faithful gastric bypass patient.  I am fortunate to not have had a lot of complications with my surgery.  I don't have a lot of trouble with carbs, sugar etc.  Some sugar does give me a stomachache for a little bit after I eat it, but for some reason it doesn't stop me from eating it.  I've eaten a PB sundae from Friendly's, M&M's, cookies and others.  Why, I ask myself?  I have forgotten why I did this in the first place.  I have been taking advantage of this gift I have been given.  I am taking it for granted.  I am not changing my behavior.  I am going through a stressful time right now, trying to loose weight, job searching and having a good friend move far away.  I am eating my emotions now more than ever.  I am being foolish.  I am so frustrated with myself. 

I need to focus.  I need strength.  I need to concentrate on me and my goals.  One thing I have learned throughout this entire journey is that willpower is everything.   You have to have the strength to stand up to your biggest critic and pressure....yourself.

Can I do this....?

No comments:

Post a Comment